Monday, April 2, 2012

Back from the Ashes

Hello all, It's been a while since I've actually done this. I used to be an avid blogger, but I guess as I grew up, I found that my life wasn't all that interesting. So, I gave up on that whole notion and just let my blog wither away. Also, the web server that I was managing met its untimely end a few years back, and I never got around to resurrecting it until now. That being said, I am having issues trying to move this blog back onto my web server with the correct sub-directory, so it will stay with blogspot for the time being. I guess first thing I should talk about is myself. When it comes to the internet, I prefer a bit of anonymity. I know that it's hard to do, and chances are, everyone who is here knows who I am. But I'll just leave my name blank for now. I'm currently in my late twenties, working for a high-tech company. Even though there's a lot of uncertainty right now, I do love my job. It keeps me on my toes and I have learned a lot from it. What do I do? I consider myself a business analyst. I work with Oracle databases and Application Express for the most part. I've been studying up towards getting Oracle Certified, but with so many things going on, I can't find the time to get everything done. Maybe when the dust settles a bit, I will get back to studying. There's plenty of features that I pick up at work that keeps me fresh on what Oracle has to offer, but at the same time, I'm certain that I'm barely scratching the surface. What are my hobbies? After work, if there's nothing much to do, I usually play games. My console of choice is the xbox. With the backlog of games I currently own, I can't see myself picking up another console yet. I am addicted to achievements, I will play games for the sake of unlocking them. I do have a problem, but everyone has a hobby, and I guess this is mine. Aside from the xbox, I do enjoy table top games as well. I am facinated with board games, card games and role-playing games, though I am not very good at it, it's just an excuse to meet up with friends and just spend some time together. Gaming aside, I am slightly involved in toastmasters, and I think that my role there will slowly expand as elections are just around the corner. I'm not sure what position I will be assigned, I would much rather be a normal member than take any real responsibilities, but I guess if I want to be a better leader, I should start participating more. What I hope to achieve here? I don't expect much from this. I honestly think that I will post maybe once or twice a month after the honeymoon period. I am mainly using this to possibly keep thoughts down, the only way to improve on my writing skills is to write (and speak, but that is what toastmasters is for). I will try and share anything that I come across that is Oracle or APEX related that might be interesting. But chances are, whatever I gather, the general population will have already read a few years ago, but it is a nice way to see how behind I am with technology. I may also write about games I'm currently playing, though they may be a few years old. Again, it is to help me with writing skills. This will also includes movies, music, other events, and the occassional rant. I will try to keep my ranting at a minimum, but it is hard to keep these things bottled up. That is it for now, I will try and post again shortly, but we will see how quickly my interest fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment